Re: Birds and windows...

During certain parts of the year, when the sun
reflects more off their backyard windows, my folks use
the black plastic webbing sold in garden centers to
keep birds off tomato plants.  By placing small nails,
hooks or something at the corner of one's windows, you
can make a safety net that gently absorbs the force of
the bird's flight.  Sort of like when a tightrope
walker falls.  Stretch the webbing fairly tight 4 or 5
inches from the glass for best results.

The webbing isn't _too_ unsightly and it doesn't
interfere with viewing birds from inside the house
(either with unaided eyes or binoculars).

Nathan Dias - Charleston, SC