Mountain Ospreys?

**Do Ospreys frequent the NC Mountains?**
Yes. I have seen them at Lake Julian in Buncombe County, and at Lake Summit
in Henderson County. Those at Summit were seen in Spring, and were either
mating or having a rousing territorial battle - hard to tell with them I
have heard.
Also seen reliably at Lake Junaluska, where the folks have erected a nesting
platform for them, though I haven't seen any using it. Ospreys, anyway.

Alex Netherton the Appalachian Naturalist
http://alexnetherton.com
alex@alexnetherton.com
Asheville, NC