Lake Crabtree

A morning's birding at Lake Crabtree County Park (Wake Co., NC) produced
some good migrants, including three BALTIMORE ORIOLES on the same ?wild
grape? vine, giving me four total for the morning.  Two birds escaped sure
id by not giving me the looks I wanted (curse those little buggers), but I
had a probable BLUE-WINGED WARBLER high overhead (what was he doing up
there, durnit) and a probable hatch-year BLACKPOLL WARBLER, which would have
been my first of the Fall, although, as I said, neither bird gave me
sufficiently good looks.

Other migrants:

NORTHERN PARULA
BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLER
BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER
WOOD THRUSH
SUMMER TANAGER
SCARLET TANAGER
PALM WARBLER (several)
PINE WARBLER (scads)
EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE (2)
SCARLET TANAGER
AMERICAN REDSTART (a metric boatload)
ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK
RED-EYED VIREO
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT

I also had a couple of FISH CROWS, which have been much getting noticeably
scarcer of late.

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic