Lake Crabtree

Hi all,

Gordon Brown and I birded around Lake Crabtree County Park (Wake Co., NC)
this morning for about 90 minutes before work.  Best birds were a pair of
TENNESSEE WARBLERS and a pair of GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSHES.  Both birds were
with good-sized migrant flocks - but most of the birds stayed up near the
canopy, and the light was so poor that many birds were simply
unidentifiable.  Other migrants seen:

Northern Parula
American Redstart
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Pine Warbler
Cape May Warbler
Scarlet Tanager

Chimney Swifts were still feeding in huge flocks over the park, quite a
nifty spectacle.

YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS have started to show up in numbers - we saw at least
6, which means there were likely at least 26 around.

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic