[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cops: Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them

In article <3nh9pn$mjf@news3.digex.net>,
Mark Bentley <bentley@access5.digex.net> wrote:
>At least or 'freind' with the badge has admitted what I've suspected for
>some time:  Cops are above the law.  Deal with it.

You can deal with it or you can do something about it.  Cops work for you,
the tax payer, and so you can complain about them.  Let their bosses know that
they are doing something you think is inapproriate.

>This morning, as I walked from the parking garage to the New Carrollton
>Metro station, I noticed a Maryland state police officer driving along
>the bus-only lane.  He pulled to the curb, his wife/significant other
>gave him a quick kiss, and she walked into the train station along with
>the rest of us slobs.  A big deal?  No. Responding to an emergency?  Ha.
>Do I like it?  No.  Will such attitudes ever, ever change?  Nope.

If you don't do anything about it, things won't change.  Take down the police
car number, the time of day, and get a good look at the cop.  Then go down to
the local police department and ask to speak the person in charge.  Tell them
the story and what you saw the police man doing wrong.  Explain that this
reflects poorly on all cops.  Be polite and ask that they call you back and
let you know what was done.  If nothing gets done, then it is time to work
your way up the political ladder.

Alex     __O    '86 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo
       _-\<,_   '87 Alfa Romeo Milano
      (_)/ (_)  '88 Vitus/Dura-Ace

Follow-Ups: References: