[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

Lee Shere (lnm@slip.net) wrote:
> My opinion is that if a person can't see a car or truck in the
> daylight then DLRs aren't going to do a bit of good.

"Your opinion"? Have you ever driven on a road with many DRL-equipped
cars? You really have no idea at all.

> Personally, I believe this DRL thing is an idea of the gasoline
> companies.  They'll do ANYTHING to increase sales, even if it's
> so minor as increasing the alternators drag the tiny bit required
> to produce the current to run the DRLs.  A penny an hour from
> millions of cars and you're talking about real money.
> BTW.  That extra work that the engine is doing produces more pollution.

Yeah, that's it. It's all a big conspiracy, started by the oil
companies. Just like the big conspiracy they started in the 1980s by
promoting power acessories.
So what's you theory on who shot JFK? Idiot.

Tom

Tom Foottit                              Computer Systems Engineering
tfoottit@chat.carleton.ca                Carleton University