[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Daytime running lights

In article <40bq85$mf4@news.mindspring.com> Paul Lu <CindyLu@Mindspring.com> writes:
>From: Paul Lu <CindyLu@Mindspring.com>
>Subject: Re: Daytime running lights
>Date: 10 Aug 1995 02:17:41 GMT

>>If you think DRLs are "blinding" during the day, get off the road. I
>>wouldn't want to pass you at night, you might swerve and hit me. Hell,
>>maybe we sould ban headlights altogether. Fool.

>Smart Tom, we are talking about Daylight as in DRL. What does night
>have to do with it?

>Garbage! Tom, you are just garbage. Stay in Canada and don't come down
>south! I don't want to cross with you both Internet and public road.
>My worst canadian collegue are better than you!

Proves that you ARE stupid.

He's talking about the fact that you claimed that DRL are "blinding", even
in DAYLIGHT.

In night time, the headlights of cars have a GREAT contrast relative to
the immediate surroundings. It doesn't in daylight. The DRLs are just
visible from a far distance (usually around 90% of the low beams).

Now if you claim that 90% of the low beams is "blinding" in DAYLIGHT, then
with 100% in nighttime, the "blinding" effects of the lights will even be
MORE PRONOUNCED.

Thus he is saying that if you can't even handle the light in DAY then you
should not be driving at night.

Now is that too hard for you to understand?

Hey, straight out of my Ergonomics course notes! =) never knew that they
could be so useful =)

        ## Eric M Lam                    94 Altima SE   ##
        ## University of Waterloo        93 Camry LE    ##
        ## Department of Systems Design  93 Camry V6 LE ##
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things
 not seen" Hebrews 11:1

Follow-Ups: References: