[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question for Speeders

>Scott Nguyen <yhn1@acpub.duke.edu> writes:
>
>Hey all....
>
>         I was wondering how many of you who actually consider yourselves
>speeders have gotten tickets..  speeder=one who can't seem to keep
>his/her car within 15 miles of the speed limit.  I hear that speed
>enforcement is a joke in USA, i.e.-they ticket when they feel like it..
>I drive relatively fast (averaged 78 on a 6 hour trip from Atlanta to
>Raleigh) and have never gotten a ticket..  I was wondering if this was
>the same with all of you out there who seem to have lead-foot...

What really helps on the highway, besides a radar detector is having somebody in the
front seat looking for cops. THat's what I did when  a friend and I traveled to
S.Carolina from Delaware.  It helps to keep the driver more focused on driving and
thus ready to slow down when you spot a potential trap.
Being careful when you come to overpasses etc,etc helps too.
We made the trip averaging 72mph (that's including long delays around the DC
beltway)..No tickets, close calls, though..night is definatley the better time to
cruise fast.

Follow-Ups: References: