[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question for Speeders

fogleson@me.udel.edu (Bob Foglesong) writes:

>One thing I was wondering is, for those people who have gotten tickets, did your
>insurance go up?  So far, I have 6 points on my liscense (come July it will
>be back down to 2) and mine has not gone up.  Have I just been lucky that my
>insurance company has not noticed my tickets or is this normal?

>Bob

Few months after I got my first car, about 3 years ago, I had
an accident.  I got a ticket for reckless driving or something like
that.  Since then I was stopped once for speeding (75 in 55) and
once for driving on a shoulder (4 points!!!)  I have now 10 points,
which means 2 more before license suspension :)

However, just about a month ago, I got a letter from my insurance company
that my premium goes up due to an accident I had 3 years ago !!!
The rate increased by $500/year ! ouch !  My rate was steadily
decreasing in the last 3 years, this was the first increase ever.

So, don't be so sure about your luck :)

-adam