[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 65 means 65

In article <3vu74s$60@news-e1a.megaweb.com> kennystar@megaweb.com (KENNY MORSE) writes:
$WHAT???? He's the type of person that the insurance company uses
$to solidify their beliefs!  His willingness to speed even when the limit
$is raised to 65!!!!!  He is EXACTLY why those of us who wish the
$speed limits could be 75 won't get our wish.  Because the government
$KNOWS that if they raise to 75....he  (and many others) will take that
$as a sign to do 85!

   Pardon?

   When the limit was 55, he did 62 - that's 7 over.

   When the limit is 65, he does 68 - that's 3 over.

   You follow the trend.  I'm not suggesting that he'll do 1 under
at 75, but clearly he's doing as most drivers would do - driving
some mixture of the legal speed limit and a reasonable speed for
the road and conditions (which is almost always higher than the
legal speed limit, at least in Canada and the States).
/  Hi Ho Silver, who likes the idea of having  \  __________________________
\  SNTF and large h00ters in the same package   \/   silver@bokonon.UUCP    \