[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kevin's posts

>>In article <404cou$l46@clark.net> Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
>Ok if 55 zones were raised to 75 do you think drivers will go 85?

ABSOLUTELY!

>What about a 55 to 65, do you think drivers will go 75-80?

Not only do I think that, but THAT is what is ACTUALLY happening
right now. Forget all those people who get nailed on CVC 22356 who
I get in class (the ones exceeding 65)....that tells me one thing and then
my EYES tell me another.  I teach in areas that I have to drive in 65
zones to get to.  Nobody....NOBODY is doing 65 (except me).
Everyone flies past me.  As they do I yell..."Thanks for my
vacation to Tahiti!!!"

>>>(Challenge TWO) Ask you students if the limit was raised 10 to 15 mph if
>>>they would exceed it automatically.
>>
>>Kev...I DID ask. In TWO classes now (since Jaime asked me to) and
>>the answer was "probably".  And there it is.  These are average drivers
>>who absolutey reflect a cross section of California drivers who were
>>the ones who got caught.  If there were more cops, more would be
>>caught.
>
>Well we won't know what they trully would do unless we adjuct them.  I
>would like to set some 65 to 75 or 80 and see what happens.  I imagine
>that traffic will contine to go 70-80 mph on rural freeways...

I take them at their word. They have been consistant for 8 years, class
after class, in their honest responses to my questions.  Kev, you would have
to understand the way I set my classes up.  After they know who I am,
how I came to be there, and we meet each other and establish a mutual
respect for each other, then they have been willing to tell me their stories.
I have asked DEEPLY personal questions over the 8 years, not the least
of which are "Has anyone here ever had a DUI?", and they ALWAYS
share their stories....every class....every time.  I believe in the honesty
of their feedback because I have found it to not only be consistent with
every other class I have ever taught( in the thousands at this point), but
the feedback I get from people when I am on the aid, and lastly, what
I see with my own eyes on our roads.

I do NOT need to do any further analysis of their responses.  They speak for
themselves quite adequately.  Not to you......you don't like what they
are saying.  But as I have said, I appreciate your approach to the
discussion and your advocacy of your position.  Thanks.

Kenny Morse
"Mr. Traffic"

Follow-Ups: References: