You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00086 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Friends,
This is my first posting to the Oppiliappan LIst. I have been trying to find out more about Sri Parthasarathy Aiyangar for years and have not been successful, most likely because I cannot read Tamil. So far, I have not found out anything about him in some of the academic books that have been published about the Parliament of Religions. The only additional information I have is from a contribution to the Bhakti List by I.V.K. Chary entitled "My Visit to Ayodhya." He summarizes a temple pamphlet for the Ammaji Mandir, also known as Divyadesa Mandir. This document relates the account of how Sri Parthasarathy Aiyangar founded this temple. Please look in the Bhakti List FirstArchives (www.ramanuja.org) for I.V.K. Chary's posting, made on May 8, 2001.

If anyone knows more about this remarkable person, please post it publicly.

Thank you.

Bob