You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00080 Nov 2003

SrI:

Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs:

We will now enjoy  Three more   Paasurams of Amrutha SvAdhini
Prabhandham  . These Desika Prabhandha Paasurams ( 130-132 )
deal with the Chillari Rahasyam known as Muni Vaahana BhOgam
saluting the Vaibhavam of ThiruppANa AazhwAr , who blessed us
with His SrI Sookthi of AmalanAdhipirAn . With the 132nd Paasuram ,
the Desika Prabahndham of  Amrutha SvAdhini is concluded .

130) State of never being separated from our Lord
***************************************
It can be said that the Tamil Prabhandham of AmalanAdhipirAn
blessed to us by ThiruppANAzhwAr houses the essence of
Tamil Vedam (Dhivya Prabahndham ) inside it . Through this celebrated
SrI Sookthi, we have comprehended the Lord as the protector of ALL
(Sarva Rakshakan ) , indweller in ALL (SarvAntharyAmi ) and
the Cause for ALL ( Sarva KaaraNan) . We have now reached
the status of the Gopis , who had limitless love for the Lord
and are staying like the legendary Female AnRil bird , which never leaves
the side of its male mate . We find ourselves in a state, where we
do not need help form any one or any thing else except  the Lord.

Swamy  Desikan salutes the ten verses (Paadal Patthu) of ThiruppANar
( PaaNN PerumAL) as the essence of Tamizh Vedam ( Tamizh maRayin
payanE koNDa). We understood from reflections on  these ten Paasurams
of PaaNN PerumAL that the Lord is our protector (Kaavalan ) , Naayakan
( KaNavan and antharyAmi Brahmam ) and Cause for all ( KaaraNan ).
After gaining this understanding ( ithu nAmm karutthu uRak-kaNDa pinn),
we united with the Lord as the female AnRil bird with its male companion
( sEvaludan piriyAtha pedai pOl sErnthOm). As a direct result , we got
rid of the prior status of helplessness  characterestric of those with bad
karmAs ( thee vinayOr tanimai yellAm nAmm theernthOm ).

131) Reaching the level of VivEkam /Nishtai described by AmalanAdhipirAn
SrIranaga VimAnam has the shape of PraNavam recited first at
the commencement of VedAdhyayanam (PraNavAkAra VimAnam ).
Inside that VimAnam is seen the dhivya mangaLa vigraham of
the ocean of Mercy  delighting the eyes of the devotees . We have
secured those e ten pasurams sung about Lord RanganAtha sung by
ThiruppANAzhwAr in a state of bliss as our recourse (gathi)
for sustenance and support . We desired this Prabhandham as
the one , which will confer on us the tranquility of mind and
firmness of purpose for seeking Moksha gathi . These prabhandha
pAsurams do not contain any yukthi vAdhams for critiquing
the deficinet darsanams but are intended for those knowledgable
about the svaroopams of the three Tatthvams . We strived to attain
the nishtai celebrated in this Prabhandham .We state in this ChillaRai
Rahasyam of Muni Vaahana BhOgam that  the AmalanAdhipirAn
Prabhandham is the seed for all the Phalans described by the VedAnthis.

132) Seeking a SadAchAryan for gaining VisEsha Jn~Anam
ThiruppANAzhwAr never saw any thing with his eyes or spoke any thing
with his tongue EXCEPT Lord RanganAtha . We celebrate the ten paasurams
arising from ThiruppANar as the expressions of the boundless love he had for
Lord RanganAtha as the essence of the timeless Vedaas . We stand with
the title given to us as "VedAnthAchAryan " by the Lord Himself at this
Karma
BhUmi surrounded by the oceans , where we assemble to experience the phalans
of our karmAs. Even if we have been the object of such a high praise and
recognition by Lord RanganAtha , we have no ego and consider all these
anugrahams as the direct result of the benovolent glances cast on us by
our AchAryAs ; we will always stay in a state of seeking SadAchAryAs
for upadEsams to develop more visEsha Jn~Anam .

" KaaNbanavum Uraippanavum maRRu onRu inRi KaNNanayE
kaNDu uraitthavar  PaaNN PerumAL " ( For ThiruppANar , what all
he saw , experienced and spoke about was nothing but KaNNan ).

If we have to qualify ThiruppANAzhwAr , it will be by the title ,
KaNNanidam " kadiya Kaathal (koNDa) PaaNN PerumAL "
( the One who had intense prEmai for KaNNan ).

The Paasurams blessed by him are the quintessence of the ancient
VedAs (  PaaNN PerumAL aruL seytha pAdal patthum Pazha
maRayin poruL ).

In this world surrounded by the wide oceans and desired by all
( vENN periya viri thirai neer VyatthuLLE ) , we have been blessed to
adorn the title of VedAnthAchAryan by the Lord of SrIrangam Himself
( VyatthuLLE VedAntha Aariyan yenRu iyamba ninROm ). Because of
this, we  are not considering ourselves as great ( ithanAl , Naamm nANN
PeriyOm ) and feel egotistic .We continue to seek the SadAchAryAs ,
who can perform upadEsams for us on the righteous and unrighteous
matters and are convinced that they do exist to help us ( nanRum theethum
namakku uraippAr  uLar yenRu nAduvOm ) .

Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM