You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00251 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI :

Dear BhakthAs of SrI Lakshmi Nrusimhan :

The 23rd slOkam is recited for being blessed with Kaimkarya PrApthi
(realization of Service) to the Divine Couple :

MaathA DEvi ! Thvamasi BhagavAn VaasudEva: PithA mE
     Jaatha: sOaham Janani yuvayO: yEka-lakshyam dayAyA :
dhatthO yushmath parijanatayA Desikair-api ata: Thvam
     Kim tE BhUya: priyamithi kila smEravakthA vibhAsi

The key passage if this slOkam is : " Aham YuvayO: DayaayA:  yEkalakshyam Jaatha: "
( Oh Sri Devi ! adiyEn has become the target ( key object) of both of Your Dayaa " .
Swamy Desikan exults here over the many anugrahams recieved from the Dhivya Dampathis .

Word by word Meaning
******************************
Devi Thvam mE MaathA asi = Oh PirAtti ! You are my Mother .

BhagavAn VaasudEva: PithA asi = EmperumAn with all auspicous gunams
is my Father .

Janani ! Sa: aham yuvayO: DayaayA: yEkalakshyam jaatha: = Oh Mother !
Myself with You both as my parents has become the key object of both of
Your DayA .

Desikairapi Yushmath parijanatayA dhattha: = adiyEn has also been presented by
my  AchAryans as Your  Daasa bhUthan / servant (That is another blessing ).

atha = therefore

BhUya: tE priyam kim ? = (You seem to be asking) what else would you wish to have ?

ihti kila smEra vakthrA Thvam vibhAsi = SrI Devi ! It appears as though You
are asking me with a smile on Your face as to what other boons I wish to have .

Meaning according to Dr. M.NarasimhAchAry:
You are my Mother and Lord VaasudEva is my Father. I am the sole object
of the compassion of both of You . I was entrusted by my AchAryans to both
of You as Your servant . Oh Sri Devi !  You seem to be asking me with a shining ,
smiling face  : "What other favors do You want ?" .

Meaning according to Villivalam Sri Narayanachar Swamy
Divine Consort of the Lord ! You are my Mother . EmperumAn VaasudEvan
is my Father. I am the one , who was born as Your son as a result of both of Your
Dayaa . Further, my AchAryans have presented me as Your daasan ( Parijanam /
servant) to You . Therefore , You seem to have a smiling face with the query :
" What else is there for Me to grant You as additional boons ? " .

Additional observations on this slOkam passages :
Oh PirAtti ! Through Your compassionate nature of overlooking adiyEn's trespasses ,
You serve as my Mother . Your Lord , who has the intention of correcting me for all
my trespasses stands in the role of my Father. As a result , I have become the key
object of both of Your dayaa as You take on the role of my Father and Mother . Thanks
to Your grace , adiyEn is blessed to have noble AchAryans . They in turn presented me
as Your servant to perform kaimkaryams for You . Oh Mother ! When adiyEn looks at
Your smiling face , it appears to me that You are asking me the question : Are You
contented ? What else can I do for you ? " . adiyEn is indeed blessed to have all
these soubhAgyams .

SrImath Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com