You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00250 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI :

Dear BhakthAs of SrI Lakshmi Nrusimhan :

The 21st slOkam is recited for curing all physical and mental
diseases through the power of  PirAtti's nectarine KaDAkshams :

SaanuprAsa-prakaDitha-dayai: saandhra-Vaathsalya-dhigdhai:
     AmBha ! snigdhair amruthalaharee-labdha-saBrahmacharyai:
gharmE taapathraya-virachithE  gADataptham kshaNam maamm
     Aakinchanya-glapitham anagair AardhrayETA: kaDakshai:

The key passage if this slOkam is : " amrutha-laharee kaDAkshai:
Aakinchanya glapitham maamm kshaNam AardhrEyaTA: " ( Oh Mother !
With Your glances laden with the flow of life-giving nectar , please cool
this defenseless one suffering from the scorching samsAric taapams) .
Meaning according to Professor M.Narasimhachary
Mother ! adiyEn is scorched by the summer (heat) of the three afflictions .
Kindly cool me with Your gracious , benign , nectarine side glances .

Meaning according to Villivalam Sri Narayanachar Swamy
Oh My Mother ! adiyEn is suffering intensely from the fierce heat of
the  three afflictions  (Taapams) and they are shrivelling me up . May Thou
with Your side glances -- that are like a flood of rejuvenating nectar-- cool me
for a second . May those blemishless , cooling and dayaa-laden glances of
Yours restore me from my state of suffering from the AdhyAthmika ,
Aadhibhoudhika and Aadhidhaivatham taapams !

Additional observations on this slOkam ssages :
Those compassionate side glances of Yours are not some phenemenon
that happens once in  agreat while and then are turned off . On the contrary ,
those Dayaa-laden glances fall on the suffering devotees ever so frequently
(Saanupraasa prakaDitha dayaa ) . They are full of deep affection ( saandhra
vaathsalya dhigdhai: ) ; those side glances display friendship (Snigdhai :
sahitham) ; they destroy the sins of those on whom they fall ( anagai: ) ;
they have close relationship to the flood of nectar ( amrutha laharee labdha
saBrahmacharyai: ) . Such celebrated KaDakshams are the cure for banishing
the heat of the three tApams . For adiyEn suffering from exposure to these
tApa thrayams , Your kaDakshams will have the power of a restoring balm .
Oh Mother !  adiyEn prays for Your rejuvenating glances to fall on me
even for the duration of a second to save me from these unbearable
sufferings .

Three tApams :
******************
1. AadhyAthmikanm : These deal with the diseases pertaining to  the body
( Head ache , flu et al) and the mind ( kaamam , krOdham , bhayam et al ).

2. AadhiBhoudhikam : These are dangers arising from animals , birds and humans .

3. Aadhidhaivikam : Dangers from calamities caused by nature ( thunder storm ,
hurricane , Earth Quake et al ) .

Swamy Desikan's Appeal :
***************************************
AmBha! adiyEn is suffering in this unbearable heat of the tApa thrayams
( tApa thraya virachithE gharmE gADa taptham Maam) . adiyEn has no other
recourse ( Aakinchanyam) than You . adiyEn has shrivelled up from these
sufferings ( glapitham Maamm) . Please cool adiyEn from this insufferable
wave of flames even for a second by casting Your side glances on me
( glapitham Maamm kshaNam AardhrEyathA : ) .

SrImath Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

Fund raising

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia