From: Sumithra Varadarajan
To: vanamamalai ; ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; paraankusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 7:01 PM
Subject: [Oppiliappan] Divine chat with pErarulAlan!(Part-3)

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Sri Vara Vara MunayE Namaha
Sri vAnAchala mahA munayE Namaha

[The chat continues]

Adiyen: Swamy emperumAnAr who is near and dear to the hearts of each and every
Srivaishnava today who proudly declares him/her to be "Adiyen ramanuja
dAsan/dAsee" considered thirukachchi Nambigal as his first mAnaseeka guru.
Nambigal refused to be his acharya due to his caste and put emperumAnAr into
the divine feet of his acharya Sri Aalavandaar who graced emperumAnAr with his
divine katAksham "Aa Mudalvan evan"

PErarulAlan: yeah I remember Aalavandaar coming running from Srirangam to see
elaiyAzhvar

Adiyen: And EmperumAnAr greatly wished for the prasadam of thirukachchi
Nambigal ("pOnagam seidha sEdam taruvarEl punidhamandrE") and was highly
disappointed not getting the same.

PErarulAlan: I used the same as one of the reasons to get him out of samsArA
and granted him sanyasam and made him ethirajar.

Adiyen: So the role of thirukachchi Nambigal for this "emperumAnAr darisanam"
is beyond words.

PErarulAlan: What doubt in it!

Adiyen: Then why haven't the Srivaishnavic community realized it?

PErarulAlan: Why do you say so?

Adiyen: If they have realized the same shouldn't they atleast show their
gratefulness towards that great acharya by taking part in the grand
thirunakshatra utsavam and acharya's kainkaryam?

PErarulAlan: hmm.

Adiyen: We found only the local people and the local Srivaishnavites in service
at the temple on that day. Are all others so busy that they are unable to join
in the acharya kainkaryam? After all, the temple is also not in a remote place
it is well connected to all parts of chennai. When so many people can crowd in
kanchi on your garuda sevai day why haven't atleast a part of them unable to
join in the mahotsavam of the divine acharya? Why is the enthusiasm lagging
when it comes to acharya kainkaryam?

PErarulAlan: Because I give them all lowkika pleasures and having my darshan is
believed to give moksha to all but the acharyas are capable of granting my
divine anubhavams and my kainkaryam only.

Adiyen: Why don't people understand the greatness of bhagavat/bhAgavata
kainkaryam?

PErarulAlan: That is kali. I sent the azhvars and acharyas to change this
people. All in vain.

Adiyen: Swamy emperumAnAr did do a great job else there would have been
absolutely no one to really think about the arulicheyals and bhagavat kalyana
gunas and the guru paramparai. But the problem is some very fine points shown
by emperumanar in words and practice are being ignored.

PErarulAlan: What do you want to convey?

Adiyen: Azhagiya manavala perumal nAyanar following the footsteps of Swamy
emperumAnAr clearly states in Acharya hrudhayam that it is a great blunder to
research about the caste of a bhagavata. He says that it is equal to
researching whether we were born from our mother's womb ("mAttruyOni
parikshayOdu okkum") But still our attitude haven't changed. Probably that is
also one of the reasons for Srivaishnavas to ignore thirukachchi nambigal's
utsavam. EmperumAnAr wanted to give all Srivaishnavas irrespective of their
caste or gender equal footing in front of lord and wanted to bring all bhagavat
bhakthas/prapannas under a single umbrella. But to what extend have we
fulfilled the wish of that great acharya who has done so much to uplift us?

PErarulAlan: That is not that easy

Adiyen: It is you who have created all these differences

PErarulAlan: How else shall I run this leela vibhoothi?

Adiyen: But...

PErarulAlan: I understand your feelings. Nambi doesn't need any crowd. The
utsavam is going in a grand manner though there are only a few Srivaishnavas
still with lot of love towards Nambi. I am enjoying his utsavam with great joy.
When nambi dances in "oyyAli" I peep out of my sannadhi and enjoy and nambi
enjoys seeing my happy face. When nambi goes round in paththi ulAthal I give
darshanam to him in front and hence he enjoys the walk with a smiling face. The
Srivaishnavas in nambi's service (including the small boys who with great joy
fan the acharya who did fanning service to me) enjoy nambi's smile. What else
do we need? We all enjoy together we don't need any crowd who come and chat
unnecessary matters during this divine anubhavam. Nambi enjoys me I enjoy him
we live happily why worry about other bhakya heenas? Be happy that I haven't
left you also in that list.

Adiyen: Oh! No my lord whatever mistake adiyen may commit please don't leave
adiyen to fall into this gutter of samsAram without such divine anubhavams. As
a Srivaishnavite adiyen can never ask you for single anubhavam so please add
more bhagavatas into that list. It is not fare for you to say them as bhakya
heenAs with your mouth. Please bless them with the acharya kainkaryam and let
us all enjoy together ("koodiyirundhu kulirvOm")

PErarulAlan: Don't worry the sattrumarai of Thirukachchi Nambi this year is
going to very very grand. There will be a grand ghosti of bhagavatas and a
grand dhadheeyArAdhanam will be held.

Adiyen: Thanks a lot Oh! Lord. On that day we really enjoyed the divine sevai.
Moreover it was a treat to see you and thirukachchi nambigal adorning the
garlands adiyen made with love. It was a treat to see my husband fanning the
acharya who did life long fanning service to you. Not stopping with that the
acharya blessed him with his Sripada thAngum kainkaryam (carrying the acharya
over his shoulders). On top of all these we were blessed with the "pOnagam
seidha sEdam of the acharya" which swamy emperumAnAr greatly wished for. What
else do we really need? And you blessed us with all these in a single evening.
What to say about your krupai? Finally we started back since it was time to
leave but the acharya didn't leave us half hearted without the veedhi purappadu
sevai. He blessed us with that also and sent us home with heart filled
anubhavams.

PErarulAlan: That is the greatness of my dear bhagavatas who will always grant
you only poorna (complete) anubhavams.

Adiyen: EmperumAnE! My humble request to you. Please bless all Srivaishnavas
with these divine anubhavams. Let the ruchi of bhagavat/bhAgavat/acharya
kainkaryam grow in this world. Let bhagavat/bhAgavata satsangams grow and let
the world become a peaceful world to live in filled with divine anubhavams so
that all of us will happily say, "achcuvai perinum vEndEn"

PErarulAlan: sarvE janA: sukinO bhavantu! Sarva mangalAni santu!

[The chat thus comes to an end]

Note: Our humble request to all bhagavatas in and around chennai. It is still
not late you can all join in the utsavam of the acharya's acharya. Luckily the
sattrumarai falls on a sunday making it easy for all of us. Here is the
schedule for the rest of the days.

27th Friday Morning mEnA pallakku

Evening yAnai vAhanam

28th Sat Morning ThiruththEr

Evening periya veedhi pushpa pallakku

29th Sun Morning 6 A.M. Sri thirukachchi Nambigal moolavar thirumanjanam,
thirukkaithala sevai,thiruppAvai sAttrumarai, kAlai thanga mulAm pallakkil
periya veedhi ezhundaruli brindAva thOttaththil vishEsha thirumanjanam, periya
mangalagiriyil sannadhiyilirundhu periya mAda veedhi utsavam kAnudhal

1st March Morning ThiruvAimozhi sAttrumarai, gandhagapodi vasantha vizhA,
nambigal AstAnaththukku ezhundharuludhal.

On all days morning and evening paththi ulAththal will be done amidst special
nAdaswara music before veedhi purappadu. For further details please contact:
2627 2066

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee
Sumithra Varadarajan