You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00073 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
I still remember the technique that our seniors have followed to
remember such things. When they teach the Thiruppallandu, they also
teach the following(at least I was taught):)
"aadhi - koorudhum" - aadhi means first.
"anantharam - koorumin" - anantharam means the next to the first.
"andam - enmin"
"endhai - paduthum"
"thee, udutthu, ennal - koorudhum"
"neyyum, allum - kooruvane"
We were taught this as a rhyme to remember tha appropriate endings of
each song:). If you know tamil, this rhyme is easy to master:))

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan
Lakshmi Narasimhan

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Murali Seshadri <murali_svsh@xxxx>