[compost_tea] Pushing AACT forward;weed control:was Re: dirty filters

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:40:39 -0000

---I just listened to a new tape I received from International Ag
Labs regarding soil tests. Wendell Owens indicated microbes in the
soil is probably the next frontier in agriculture. Ray how did the
meeting go with Gary Zimmer on the 22nd? I disced under about a ton
of weeds today in the melon patch (approx. 2 Acre) which survived the
heat and drought we had in Kansas. I thot of questions regarding the
soil rhizosphere but I got a ways to go with ACT before the neighbors
are going to want their well groomed inorganic fertilizer and
herbicide sprayed fields converted to organic/ACT. I am still not
convinced ACT is going to control weeds. Anyone care to address the
science of that topic.Dennis

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511