[compost_tea] RE:Membership Drift

From: Tim Kiphart <kiphart_at_ev1.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:16:50 -0500

IMHO, membership has drifted down sharply because there is (1) too
much"selling" (2) too much sending of messages to the list that should be
sent offline, one on one, i.e thank yous, personal questions or
activities(3) AND too much bantering on about certain subjects i.e mesh
versus microns.

I am all for discussing issues and concerns throughly, BUT "beating a dead
horse" gets old. It interferes with the flow of discussion and most people
find it less than exciting or pertinent
to their interests.

With all due respect this is what a moderator is for...I know Jeff has tried
to address these issues.

SUGGESTION: Take it offline. If selling or sending inappropriate messages
continue, then the moderator needs to boot the offending party off the list.
There are mechanisms to do this thru Yahoo. We are all adults here and it is
ridiculous that we can't respect a few simple guidelines. 3 STRIKES AND YOUR
OUT. As a relative newbie to list...If you want to keep folks, not just
newbies, engaged follow the guidelines, otherwise you keep the majority from
learning. Don't ruin this great resource for the rest of us.

Respectfully

Tim Kiphart

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511