RE: [compost_tea] Re: mycorrhizae and companies selling them - all not quiet in Sparkle City

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 06:00:01 -0700

As we finally got around to addressing the use of mycorrhizal fungi (MF)
with our teas, I phoned Tom Weigold who is NOT a list member but a
supplier of MF and asked him to address a question or two because I was
very satisfied
with the quality and amount of information I received from him when I
started using MF, and grateful for the hours he tutored me by phone. Tom
offered to field questions from any interested party if they contacted
him. His offer still stands. And yes, of course there are other
first-rate knowledgeable suppliers of this product willing to be of
assistance.

As we all become
more familiar using MF, it's important that we continue
to contribute what we've learned to one another whether we're a small or
large scale operation. Our suppliers may also learn from us as well as
we from them.

Our county's master gardener organization will never forget the mid-week
evening MF slide presentation given by a scientist working at a local
marine sciences lab. Brilliant visuals of how MF had colonized various
root systems held the group's attention for two hours. No one wanted
that presentation to end even though the clock ticked way passed nine.
This slide presentation was given almost 5 years ago. We're fortunate
that our state's master gardener conference and 30th anniversary will be
held in my town in just two weeks and some of us will again be treated
to the speaker's return engagement.

Judi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511