Re: [compost_tea] Good news?

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 04:53:14 EST

Lynn Rogers was a technician in my lab, and learned a few of the SFI assays.

Two and a half years ago, she told me she had to quit SFI to move to Seattle,
where her husband was getting a much better paying job.

They never left the Corvallis area. Her story was a lie.

Lynn opened up Microbila Matrix with Joe Preston last May or June, and the
two of them had a falling out by September.

Lynn has re-structured the lab, and is now on her own.

She doesn't know the recent improvements in the SFI testing that we have
developed in the last two years. She doesn't have the data base that SFI has.,

The tests that I've seen from her lab, she has messed up the template she
took from SFI. The equations she is using to calculate fungal biomass are not
correct.

What I saw on a couple of the reports she put out had fungal biomass levels
that were completely impossible in compost tea.

If you want to use her lab, ask her where her data are that allows her to
come up with the "desired ranges" on her reports.

Should I sue her for using information from SFI that she has no right to be
using? Or just ignore her?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
www.soilfoodweb.com
SFI Oregon, USA
SFI Australia
SFI New York
SFI Europe
SFI New Zealand

"Hope is not a feeling. It is not the belief that things will turn out well,
but the conviction that what we are doing makes sense, no matter how things
turn out." -- Vaclav Havel, former President of the Czech Republic