Compost (was Re: [compost_tea] Water temps for brewing)

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:23:04 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:
> [...]
compost you are using, you don't have the lower temperature organisms
in the compost. If the compost was made in such as way as to exclude
the lower tempeature organisms, so they are not present in the
compost, then you can't get them in the tea brew either.

> >> The compost I use is made by my business associate Tim
Bolander. I guarantee it is the best compost available in this area
and probably any other also. He creates compost especially for
diversity. He has been composting for over 20 years and has attended
many of your lectures. He is French and wears a beret. It would be
hard ot miss him. He is the best at composting as far as I can
tell. We have been playing around with cold composting processes
similar to the work being done in Austria:

Wow Ted that's interesting! I recently began thinking of doing
something like that with the fall crop residue during the Kansas
winter (right out in the field) using existing farm equipment..Then
planting row crop next to or even between the windrow/s in spring(63
days more or less). Dennis

 Smaller windrows and lots of bacteria/fungi. Temps never get above
100 dF. and mostly stay around 80-90 dF range.

> Ted Peterson
> Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: