[compost_tea] Alaska Humus and others

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 13:24:11 -0800

We have tests on Alaska Humus tea from lots of sources, some sent to SFI wi=
thout id. It consistently makes teas with great fungal numbers especially w=
hen it is pre-activated. Sure you want a natural set of microbes from your =
own area, however, if you want to make sure you are getting fungal numbers =
consistently, then AH will work for you. It is often hard to get consistent=
 fungal numbers from vermi. Depending on what you want to do, a mix of the=
 two might be ideal.

I will add that a preactivation test is a cheap way to go. A handful of bab=
y oatmeal in whatever you use will pretty much tell you if you are going to=
 get good fungal numbers.

Cheers,

Jeff
www.alaskahumus.com