[compost_tea] Re: Rock Dust

From: Titel Ryzhomer <thegoodjob_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 04:47:51 -0000

Hi Jeff,

The clay powders I use do not just provide surface area but also
serve as a food source for microbes for ACT and EM fermentations.

BTW Ted: the same recipe works just fine as a soil soak. That's all
I used last season.

They are pyrophyllite, bentonite (azomite), soft rock phosphate. I
believe they are so effective because of the high silicate content.
I've said this too many times now so I'll shut up.

If Steve D. feels up to it he may contribute more knowledge
concerning this than I can.

Cheers,
Titel

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Jeff Lowenfels <jeff@g...> wrote:
> Let's not get too far off the subject...again, folks.  Rock dusts
> provide a place for fungi to grow, I believe, which is why they
are
> used in ACT.
>
> CHEERS,
>
> jeff
> Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row
for the
> Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to