RE: [compost_tea] RE: MICROBIOLOGY TESTING of COMPOST TEAS

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:49:50 -0500
I did not say that I had invented a new method of extracting soil chemistry.  Please, don't leave people with that impression, which is how I would interpret your words - "but no new way of assessing chemical parameters was ever discussed."

Graham Lancaster has taken a way of extracting soil chemistry that was used by others, and adapted it to newer equipment.  The measurement is to determine the total extractable pool.

I spoke about that in the e-mail from some time ago.  I don't really want to go back over all that.  If you'd like to learn more about the extraction procedure, please e-mail Graham Lancaster.  I think I said that the other day, did I not?

The new information about soil biology and soil chemistry is an understanding that neither extractable pools, nor soluble pools tell you all that you really need to know about whether your plants will be able to obtain the nutrients that they will need.

--
Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor