Re: [compost_tea] Re: Mystery Organic Spray

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:03:35 -0800 (PST)

Scott - have you thought what the soilfoodweb is? Microbes, fungi, protozoa, spiders, ants, worms, gophers, moles, birds, dogs, people. All organic might include poison ivey or nightshade or hemlock or stuff that could be that effective against part of the soil food web. So if it kills part of the web - the part you can see and HATE will some other part of the SFW go out of control or expire because this magic stuff killed its peditor or its food supply. ?? Remember how the chemical peddlars had all the answers ? If well made compost tea did this we could not use it. Bob

ote:
> A person in a daylily group I belong to wrote:-
> "I am currently testing a new product for daylilies it kills
aphids,
> spider mites, ants, Beatles and it also seems to help slow rust
and maybe
> even kills it. I am still in the early stages on the rust part but
what's
> really great about this stuff is its 100% organic no toxins and no
> hazardous waste. According to the CEO I am dealing with the Florida
> University and the Georgia University are also running tests on this
> product, it just passed its pest test which I can attest to
personally. All
> exoskeleton insects are dead in my 24 beds. I hate ants so I will
be doing
> a lot more spraying around my yard as well. Another benefit to
this stuff
> is it cleans your plants and it helps in the germinating of seeds.
>
> Doesn't that product sound just like well-made aerated compost tea?
What do
> you think?
>
> Scott Alexander.

Yahoo! Groups Links