Re: RE Taxomomists

<<I've done the web search thing and with little to no luck....my area is
pharmaceuticals, specifically cardiovascular and central nervous system.
Centering on disease states and research states.  Looking at these results
as with the ones I've done, I come up with biology and plant sciences
mostly.>>

Perhaps there is another name for the speciality you are seeking.  The most
common meaning of "taxonomist" is a biologist who identifies and classifies
living or fossil organisms.  Taxonomist specialize by taxon: a plant
taxonomist, an invertebrate taxonomist, a fossil fish taxonomist, etc.  Are
you seeking an expert in pharmaceutical nomenclature?  Or something else
entirely?

Barbara Weitbrecht
NASM Archives Divsion
Smithsonian Institution