Re: Volcanic Ash

>Be careful about general claims for 'volcanic ash' or any other
>ingredient.  I own 10 acres in Yakima, WA and can speak first hand
about
>volcanic ash from St. Helens.  It was a lot of fun being there  but
there
>was no general improvement in soil fertility in the Yakima Valley.
There
>were an unusual amount of mites in the summer/fall fallowing the ash
fall
>and a lot of mushrooms the following spring.
>
>---Jay

Thanks for the first hand account, Jay. I didn't make any claim about
volcanic ash. I made a claim about my friend. He told me about it. Do
you happen to know if volcanic ash is considered igneous rock or if it
is paramagnetic? Does anyone know what's so good about paramagnetic rock
dust? I heard that the soil should ideally be half paramagnetic  and
half of sedimentary origin. Does anyone know if this claim is correct?
Lloyd