H2O2

At 02:37 PM 9/9/98 PDT, Lloyd wrote in response to Jay:

>>I wince at the idea of working with 35% H2O2 around a farm.  It is a
>low
>>grade rocket fuel at that concentration.  Usually it can be handled
>safely
>>but there a several minor elements (such as manganese) used around a
>farm
>>and also several organic materials (like a drop of blood) that will
>cause
>>it to explosively detonate.
>>
>>---Jay
>
>I'm glad you and other people know stuff. Now I'll have to ask Gordon
>why he didn't warn us about the explosive potential of peroxide. I
>wonder if it can blow up weeds. It might be handy for tree stumps or
>Johnson grass roots.

Having had conversations on the aquaponics list recently, I have the
following breakdown of info on H2O2 for your consideration.  Studies have
shown this to be an effective product to use to increase yields and control
insects and some bacterial problems in plants.  However, 35% is a caustic
solution that requires careful handling and storage.  Our conversations
centered around which type to use, and I pass this along to you for your files.