Re: Request for some practical tips.

When I recommended vinegar instead of Roundup to kill weeds, Jay said:
>The vinegar is expensive (on a per acre basis), smelly to any neighbors
>(think pig farm), corrosive to steel (about the same as salt), and
>probably violates EPA rules on the release of volatile organic
compounds >(VOC). >---Jay

Well, Jay, a gallon of vinegar is only 80 cents and diluted with 10 or
20 gallons of water. Roundup seems expensive to me, including to soil
life. Would you rather use a toxic artificial chemical than a natural
one? I like the smell of vinegar. Most salad eaters do too. Our spray
tank doesn't have much steel in it, mostly fiberglass, but I'll have to
ask others if that's a problem and if they solved it somehow. Has the
EPA made laws against life? Are volatile inorganic compounds okay with
them? Isn't methane volatile? Cows belch methane. So are cows now
illegal? Bye. Lloyd