New Road & Conway Sewage Ponds

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday morning, 9-13, Gary Phillips and I birded at New Road and the
Conway Sewage Ponds in Horry County, SC. A total of about 32 species were
identified.
Double-crested Cormorant-4
Great Egret-2
Snowy Egret-3
Little Blue Heron-12 only 2 adults rest white immatures
Tricolored Heron-2 not common at this location
Glossy Ibis-2 not common at this location
Mallard-1 undoubtedly a feral individual
Turkey Vulture-2
Red-shouldered Hawk-3 a perched adult and a flying adult and an immature
flying
Killdeer-6
Spotted Sandpiper-1 immature
Semipalmated Sandpiper-10 all juveniles
Least Sandpiper-3 juveniles
Mourning Dove-3
Belted Kingfisher-1
Red-headed Woodpecker-5 all seemed to be immatures
Red-bellied Woodpecker-3
Hairy Woodpecker-1 heard only
Pileated Woodpecker-1 heard only
E. Wood Pewee-1 strong buffy wingbars
Great Crested Flycatcher-1
Tree Swallow-1
Blue Jay-6
Carolina Chickadee-5
Tufted Titmouse-4
Carolina Wren-3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-2
N. Mockingbird-1
Red-eyed Vireo-5
Am. Redstart-3 immatures or females
N. Cardinal-7
Red-winged Blackbird-15

Were the Hudsonian Godwits at Bear Island WMA seen Tuesday, Wednesday or
today?  Were they looked for and not seen?  I hope to try and get them
tomorrow but don't want to go on a wild "Hudsonian Godwit" chase.

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC