[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question for Speeders

In article <3q2njk$iho@galaxy.ucr.edu>, st20c@math.ucr.edu said:
>I always wonder about people like this.  If there were no other trafic on
>the freeway and no speed limit, would they just floor the gas pedal and go
>faster and faster until they fly off the freeway?

No, they would drive at the maximum speed at which they feel safe. Which is
going to be different depending on the driver and on the car they are
driving. Given a really nice road and no speed limit, I'd probably cruise
my '93 RX-7 at 100-130 mph, conditions permitting, but I sure wouldn't
drive our '89 VW Fox that fast (even if it would go that fast).

Michael Johnson
Relay Technology, Inc.

Follow-Ups: References: