You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00121 Nov 2003

Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs :

Today , adiyEn will cover the Four Prabhandha Pasurams (150-153)
associated with the ninth an final  sOpAnams of  PrApthi Parvam.
The eighth parvam was Dhivya dEsa prApthi parvam and the today's
posting is about the enjoyemnt of ParipoorNa BrahmAnubhavam
( Prapthi paravam ) , which deals with the happenings at the SrI Vaikunta
dhivya dEsam for the Muktha Jeevan after arrival there.

150) ParipoorNa BrahmAnubhavam
*****************************
Poo vaLarum ThirumAthu puNarntha namm PuNNuyanAr
  ThAvaLamAna Tanit-thivam sErnthu TamarudanE
naa vaLarum peru nAnn maRai Odhiya geetham yelAm
  paa vaLarum Tamizh pallANDu isayudan paaduvamE

(Meaning ): May we join with the nithya sooris and other muktha
jeevans serving the Lord and recite the sweet music of Saama
ghAnam and AzhwAr's dhivya Prabhandhams  at the dhivya
sTAnam of SrI Vaikuntam , where the Lord resides always
with His PirAtti . May we enjoy the dhivya Dampathis and
serve them without interruption always at Thier Parama Padham !

151) The six comparisons for the Muktha Jeevan
**************************************
adal urakam uNDu umizhntha arukkan pOla
  azhukkuadaintha kazhuviya nal taraLam pOla
kadal ozhuhik-karai sErntha kalamE pOlak-
  kAtthut-theekku alanthu ozhindha kaLirE pOla
madal kavarum mayal kazhintha mAthar pOla
  vann siRai pOy mannar padham peRRAr pOla
udal mudalA uyir maRaikkum mAyai neengi
  uyarntha padham yEri uNarnthu onRinOm

(Meaning): The six comparisons help us understand
the  immense joy and the great glory enjoyed by
the muktha jevan after the baddha jeevan is released
from its samsAric sorrows. It shines with enormous
radiance after arriving at the Supreme abode of the Lord.

The six comparions of the enhancement of the radiance and
joy of the Muktha Jevan are :

(1) It would be like the enhanced radiance of the Sun after
it is swallowed by the serpent Raahu and then released  .
Sun is described as having higher lustre after the grahaNams .

(2) It It would be like the increased brilliance of  the high class
pearl after it is cleaned from its impure state and is restored
to its original state of lustre .

(3) The Muktha Jevean's joy is like that of that of the travellers
of a boat lost in the sea due to tempest  , who finally reach
the shore safely .

(4) The joy of the Muktha Jeevan would be similar to the elephant
that escapes  from a forest fire after the fire subsides due to  divine
will.

(5) It would be like the joy of a Naayaki , who performs
the ceremony of Madal Oorthal to regain successfully
her Naayakan , who spurned her  .

(6) The joy of the muktha jeevan would be like the joy of
a king , who is released from the Jail after being falsely
accused of  misbehavior and is reinstated as the king .

Swamy  Desikan uses six comparisons to describe the infinite
joy of the liberated Jeevan at SrI Vaikuntam as a result of its
transformation from that of its erstwhile status (before
Prapatthi ) as a Baddha Jeevan  to the current status as
a Muktha Jeevan. The association with prakruthi that hid its
true svaroopam is gone now and in the newly gained Mukthi
state, the Jeevan experiences immense bliss in serving the Lord
at SrI Vaikuntam and is radiant .This is the ninth and final
step in the ladder to Moksham .

152) The Summary of all the Nine Steps in one Paasuram
maNNulahil mayal theernthu manam tathumbi
   mannAtha payan ihanthu MaalE anRik-
kaNN ilathu yenRu anji Avan KazhalE pooNDu
   kadum siRai pOyk-karai yERum gathiyE senRu
ViNNulahil viyappu yellAm viLangak-kaNDu
  ViNNavar tamm kuzhAngaLadun vEdam paadip-
PaNUlahir-pdiyAtha isayAl pAdum
  PallANDE PallANDum PaaduvOmE

(Meaning) : May we enjoy the many blessings of performing
the Nithya Kaimkaryam to the dhivya dampathis in SrI Vaikuntam
and enjoying ParipoorNa BrahmAnandham there after climbing
the following nine steps of the ladder to Moksham :

(1) Gaining VivEkam in this Karma BhUmi through
the SadAchArya KatAksham

(2) Developing  remorse over the time wasted in chasing
the worldly pleasures and worthless pursuits

(3) Developing distaste for samsAra Sukhams

(4) Fearing the ensuing Naraka anubhavam linked to
the bundles of sins accumulated

(5) Performing the Upaayam of Prapatthi or Bhakthi
yOgam to gain MOksham

(6) Exiting from the SarIram with the help of the Lord
via Brahma Randhram.

(7) Travelling via ArchirAdhi Maargam to SrI Vaikuntam

(8) Arriving at Parama Padham of the Lord after crossing
the VirajA river

(9) Joining the Nithya and Muktha Jeevans to sing Saama
GhAnam and Dhivya Prabhandha Paasurams of AzhwArs
as divine ghAnam .

153) Why are we here in Karma BhUmi after our Prapatthi?
mALAtha vinai anaitthum maaLa nAmm pOy
   vAnERi malar mahaLAr anbhu pooNum
thOLAtha mAmaNikkut-thoNDu pooNDu
  Thozhuthu uhanthu tOtthirangaL paadi aadik-
kELAtha pazha maRayin geetham kEttuk-
  kidayAtha pErinbham peruha nALum
meeLAtha pEradimaikku anbu peRROm
  Medhiniyil irukkinRom VithiyinAlE

(Meaning ): We have now performed the UpAyam
of SaraNAgathy and gotten rid of the ancient karamAs
that clung to us as a result of the power of the UpAyam
adopted. We have recieved the anugraham of the Lord
to perform nithya kaimakryam to Him and His Divine
consort at SrI Vaikuntam and to sing with joy the Vedams
and Prabahndhams there. Inspite of these blessings , we
are still here and are unable to enjoy those immense pleasures
waiting in store for us. Why is it that we are not able to enjoy
those divine pleasures right now ? The reasons for us to prolong
for our stay in this Karma BhUmi after Prapatthi are:

(1) SarvEswaran's sankalpam to inspire other chEthanams
with our prescribed conduct during the Post-Prapatthi period.

(2) the conferral of BhAgyam to enjoy the Lord in His ArchA
state at the dhivya dEsams .

(3) Sukrutha VisEsham to enjoy the beauty of the SrI Sookthis of
AzhwArs (Dhivya Prabahndhams) and AchAryAs (SrI BhAshyam).

These are the reasons for stay here for a  while before
enjoying our destiny of serving the Lord and His Divine
Consort at their Supreme Abode and experiencing
ParipoorNa BrahmAnandham there with Nithya and
Muktha Jeevans.

PARAMA PADHA SOPAANAM SAMPOORNAM

Swamy Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil  Varadachari Sadagopan

SrimathE SrI Lakshmi Nrusimha Dhivya PaadhukA Sevaka
SrI VaNN SaThakOpa NaarAyaNa YathIdhra MahA DesikAya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM