You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00135 Nov 2003

SrI:

Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs:

We will now enjoy  the Four  Paasurams of Amrutha SvAdhini
Prabhandham  . These Desika Prabhandha Paasurams
( 115-118) deal with the ChillaRai Rahasyam of
Rahasya SikhAmaNi elaborating VarAha Charama SlOkam .

Previous detailed postings on this SrI Sookthi of
Rahasya SikhAmaNi and Varaha PurANam by adiyEn
pertinent to this posting are archived  at :

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/july98/0166.html

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/july98/0167.html

http://www.ibiblio.org/Sripedia

/oppiliappan/archives/thiruvahindrapuram/msg00012.html

115) The UpadEsam of VarAha NayinAr to BhUmi DEvi
(meaning): Once upon a time, Bhumi DEvi felt sad about the ordinary
jeevans without Jn~Anam and sakthi being tossed about in SamsAric
ocean because of their inability to practise the difficult upAyam of
Bhakthi Yogam. As the most merciful Mother of these poor jeevans as well ,
She wanted to lift them up from their SamsAric sufferings . She begged Her
Lord ,
Varaha NayinAr  to perform an upadEsam for the benefit of these
suffering Jeevans.The  compassionate Lord responded and revealed
the easy way  of performing Prapatthi to Him through two slOkams ,
which would serve as the easy upAyam for Moksham. Our AchAryAs
assessed that these two VarAha Charama slOkams are just right for us
and instructed us on them . We recieved visEsha Jn~Anam from
these two slOkams  and benefitted .

The key passage of this Paasuram is: " Aadhi VarAham uraittha
gathy aRivAr poruttham teLinthu uraikka poy ilA mathi peRRanam"
( We are blessed with the imperishable Jn~Anam from our
AchAryAs , who knew the svaroopam of the two Charama slOkams
bequeathed to us by Aadhi VarAha PerumAL and concluded
that these charama slOkams  are the best upAyam for us to gain
Moksham easily).

116) The Meaning of the VarAha Charama SlOkam
The Entire Universe is My body (SarIram). I have neither
birth or death . When one performs SaraNAgathy to Me
with the firm belief that I am His everlasting support , I rush to
his side at the time of his death even if he has no control over his
senses and remains like a log or stone. I lead him then to My Supreme
abode via archirAdhi mArgam (path of light ) to perform nithya kaimkaryam
to Me there . Swamy  Desikan says that his ajn~Anam was
destroyed from the comprehension of the depth of assurance housed
in the Lord's (Aadhi Varaahan"s) Charama slOkam .

The two VarAha Charama SlOkams are:

sTithE manasi susvasTE sarIrE sati yO nara:
dhAthusAmyE  sTithE smarthA visvaroopam cha mAmajam

tatastham mriyamANam thu kAshtA-pAshANa sannibham
Aham smarAmi Madhbhaktham nayAmi ParamAm gathim

117) The release of KarmAs for Prapannan during the time of Mukthi
We clearly understood the meanings of the two Charama slOkams
of Aadhi Varaaha PerumAL , whose promise never fails. Through His
grace , we securely held on to His feet as UpAyam and Phalan . In this Karma
lOkam , after the performanc eof Prapatthi tot he Lord , the Jn~Anam
that stayed inside us in a shrunken state has transformed  and has
released  most of our KarmAs before it could reach its full blossom
during the state of Mukthi . The residual karmAs are at the miniscule level
that is just  sufficient to get us to the Lord's abode at the end of this
life.
What a miracle this is !

In the Karma BhUmi, Dharma BhUtha Jn~Anam is in a shrunken state
due to our karmAs and therefore does not comprehend every thing.
Once Mukthi is attained , that Jn~Anam blossoms fully to permit
the clear understanding of every thing.

Upanishads point out that in a state of Mukthi , the PuNya-Paapams
of the Jeevan have to leave him . The PuNyams go to his friends and
the Paapams reach his VirOdhis (enemies).

118) Word of Comfort to those , who fear Death
**************************************
Oh ChEthanams ! Is it n't true that a large mountain that we
consider as having  eternal existence shatters to pieces one day ?
Even if You know this to be  a fact, You are deluded to think
that Your body is permanent. You hate death even after the signs
of aging ( folds in skin , graying of the hair) set in . There is a way
though to banish your ajn~Anam. That is the Charama slOkam blessed by
the most merciful Aadhi VarAha PerumAL  dealing with Prapatthi
at His feet as the UpAyam . May You all be uplifted by that thought !

The key passage of this Paasuram is : " alayum kadal koNDa
vayaam aLitthavan mey aruLE nilai yenRu naadi nilai ninRa
poy mathi neekumin ! " ( Aadhi VarAha PerumAl lifted
the BhU MaNDalam from the fierce flood waters of deluge .
His charama slOkam dealing with Prapatthi as the upAyam
arose out of His true KrupA . Please recognize that Prapatthi
is the true UpAyam for Moksham and banish thoroughly
the deep rooted ajn~Anam , which has been with You
for a very long time).

Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam , Daasan ,
Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM