You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00136 Nov 2003

SrI:

 Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs:

We will now enjoy  the Four  Paasurams of Amrutha SvAdhini
Prabhandham  . These Desika Prabhandha Paasurams
( 119-122 ) deal with the ChillaRai Rahasyams of
Anjali Vaibhavam (Paasuram 119) and PradhAna Sathakam
(Paasurams 120-122).

Previous detailed postings on these two  SrI Sookthi
by adiyEn pertinent to these postings are archived  at :

http:// www.sriviashnava.org/sgati

PradhAna Sathakam ( Volumes 1 & 2 : Parts 1-15
posted over June 30, 1998 to May 7, 2000)

http://www.Ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/oct2000/0198.html

Anjali Vaibhaavam

119) The Glory (Vaibhavam ) of Anjali to the Lord
Swamy Alavanthaar has instructed us in one of the SthOthra
Rathna slOkam that the power of  Anjali to the Lord
( mudhrA of Palms joined together in front of the Lord  )
has limitless power and glory . Such an anjali gesture
offering salutations to the Lord's sacred feet melts
the heart of the Lord (amm+ jalayathi) like a sugar
cube dipped in water. The Lord's joy on seeing this
anjali mudhrai  from the chEthanam is boundless.
Our Lord recognizes this anjali mudhrai as the symbol
of cessation of action on the part of the Prapannan indicating
that he is not going to engage in any action to protect himself
anymore and that he has entrusted all that burden to the Lord
in his helpless state. Swamy  Desikan says he is of the firm
opinion that the anjali-based sidhdAntham(Prapatthi)
is the most fruitful one to gain MOksham.Therefore , he says
that he defeated the incorrect disputations of all , who were
against Prapathti mArgam and is displaying his anjali mudhrA
before the Lord.

The 28th SthOthra Rathna SlOkam that stimualted
Swamy  Desikan to create the sacred text of
Anjali Vaibhavam is :

Thvadhangrim uddhisya kadhApi kEnachith
yaTA taTA vaa-api sakruth kruthOnjali:
tadhaiva mushNAthi asubhAnyasEshata :
SubhAni pushNAthi na jAthu heeyathE

We have to remember Swamy  NammAzwAr's upadEsam
for us about the anjali to the Lord :

" dEsamAna aNikalam yenn kai koopu seyhayE"

120) Adopting only the superior doctrines (MukhyamAna PoruLkaLayE koLLal)
This and the next two Paasurams are a summary of the 100 upadEsams
of Swamy  Desikan as an AchAryan regarding what is PradhAnam among
the observances and doctrines. In this set of  three Paasurams , some
examples are given from the source grantham (CHillaRai Rahasyam ) of
PradhAna Sathakam.

Among all the rivers that flow in the world , the Ganga river that flowed
from the holy feet of the Lord during His incvarnation as Thrivikraman is
the most sacred . Among all the seven kinds of Oceans , the Milky ocean ,
where the divine consort of the Lord incarnated is the holiest one.
Among all kinds of conches , the one that stays on His hand , Paanchajanyam
,
is the most exalted in sacredness. None of the fragrant flower garlands
can approach the glory of the TuLasi Maalai adorned by the Lord
with relish in holiness. Among all the Saasthrams of the world,
Swamy  NammAzhwAr's ( the Master of the Prapanna kulam ) is
the most superior and therefore we follow the  path laid out by him
in his divine works (SrI Sookthis)  with total faith in them .

121) Our Lord Himself incarnates as AchAryan to protect us
The most merciful SarvEswaran incarnates in the form of AchAryAs
to remove our ajn~Anam and to help us cross over the ocean of
SamsAram by acting as a sEthu (dam) across that ocean. Knowing
therfore that the bhOgams (pleasures) offered by the short-lived
dEvAs like Indhran and Beahma as perishable (evanescent ) ,
we have banished our desire such pleasures . As PrapannAs , who are
we indebted to from here on ? It is only SarwEswaran to whom we are
bound to .SarwEsWaran and ourselves are bound mutually to one
another forever . We instructed thse truisms to all , who approached us
for upadEsam.

122) The Superiority and Inferiority among objects(Vasthus)
All the gems in the world can not match the glory of the Kousthubha gem
that the Lord brought out the milky ocean while churning for nectar and
is wearingi on His chest  . All the sacred places on this earth like Kaasi
will
not approach the glory of Kaanchipura KshEthram  , where the dark rain cloud
drenching us with Mercy known as Lord VaradarAjan presides . All the
Sruthis, Smruthis and PurANam made available to us through the pure-minded
sages will not equal in glory the SrI Sookthis of Swamy NammAzhwAr adored by
our Lord Himself . Oh AasthIkAs ! Please enjoy these treasures stored
and bequeathed to us by our ancestors ( PoorvAchAryAs ) that are
the topic of  PradhAna Sathakam and comprehend clearly their
meanings for Your upliftment and use them as Your lamp for the journey
to Moksham .

Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam , Daasan ,
Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM