You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00018 Feb 2004

Asmad Gurubhyo Namaha
Shrimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

> > I have a doubt. Please enlighten me, whether only Sri Vaishnavas
are
> > eligible for Samashrayanam, or any one can get it done. And one
more
> > question for which I have not been able to find a reply, why does
> > akhilaanda koti brahmaanda naayaka Sriman Narayanan perform
penance
> > when he takes the avatar of Narasimhar and Srinivasar? (as Yoga
> > Narasimhar and Yoga Srinivasar)

Dear Swami,
Shriman Narayanan is not performing penance but is demonstrating the
same to others. I've heard in a Kalakshepa that Lord Nrusimha is the
one who taught(thus initiated) the three types of yoga margas namely
a) Adhyathmika b) Athmika and c) Nasthika yogas to Manu,
Dhakshinamurthy and someone else respectively. Learned scholars may
throw further light on this.

I apologize for my mistakes if any.

Adiyen,
Ramanuja Dasan