Re: [seedsavers] Unfortunate circumstances regarding this list

ryan hawkes wrote:

> Lawrence,
> I think it would be a great idea to generate a paragraph welcoming
> people to the list.  I signed up  through the SpinFarm list and didn't
> full (and still don't ) understand the intention of this group.
>
> I'm inexperienced at saving seeds and want to learn more, which is why
> I signed up.  I hope that this is the place for me.

It certainly is and will get better.

> If someone came up with a first draft maybe we can all have a say over
> the next week and this might really be the basis of what the list is
> for, based on the membership input. Would make for a really strong
> listserve if the membership create its intention and welcome newcomers
> with an explanation.

Could someone submit a first draft for a welcome/mission statement to use for the list
to be posted on the list homepage? This is all there is there now:

About seedsavers
This list will help those interested in developing and using a non-gmo seed saving and seed exchange network.

> How old is this list anyways?

Less than two months.